We are Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC ®) certified. Our chain-of-custody certificate allows us to add FSC® statements and logos to your printed pieces. This program seeks to certify that individual forests are grown in an environmentally and socially-responsible manner.
Years ago marketers simply included the “chasing arrows” recycled logo to communicate an environmentally-friendly message. The recycled logo’s weakness is its narrow scope; only illustrating that the paper was (or could be) re-used. It says nothing about the environmental concerns we now face such as deforestation, pollution, and carbon emissions. In addition, it does nothing to address the adverse affects that harvesting forests can have on wildlife and indigenous peoples. Addressing all of these concerns – including recycled content – is now possible. In fact, the options today are so numerous the decision on what paper to use and how to maximize the message at the lowest cost is difficult.
We have always been a company very conscious of our community, our environment, and our impact.
- We use all linseed/soy based inks
- We commonly use “Tree Free”, recycled, or synthetic paper (Last year alone we printed over 8 tons of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) ® certified paper)
- We are held to very strict standards by our customers
- We recycle all of our scrap paper and make-ready, and cardboard
- We recycle all oils and solvents
- We give to various organizations locally (both in-kind and financially)
- As an organization, we are actively involved in the Western North Carolina community and take our impact on the area seriously
- We are regularly inspected by MSD and insure that nothing toxic goes down our drains
- Any chemical that we use (blanket wash, etc.) is sealed in containers and taken away for proper disposal by Safety-Kleen
- Daniels Graphics waste classification is “Small Quantity Generator”, most printers our size are considered “Large Quantity Generators” due to the products and processes they use
- Our fountain solution has low VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
- In 2007 Daniels Graphics became the first “tri-certified” printer in Western North Carolina.